The Large Female GingerLead is designed for large to giant breed, female dogs typically over 55 lbs.
IMPORTANT: Size is determined by Pad Width and Adjusting Dimensions, not the weight of a dog (see sizing table below). The minimum length of the Large size is 38 inches (pad, strap & handle loop adjusts from 38" to 60"), which allows the GingerLead to adjust for shorter breeds like Corgis, Basset Hounds, or other long bodied, short legged dogs. For tall, lean dogs that require less strap, so the handle may be just above its back, consider the Tall size.
The Pad Width is the primary difference between the Small, Medium and Large size. Each size can support dogs up to 200 lbs, and is adjustable for dogs low to the ground so the handler may remain upright. Key on the Pad Width measurement to ensure the proper fit and maximum comfort.
• Adjustable, Padded Sling
• Velcro Handle
• Adjustable Leash (may be detached)
Adjusting the GingerLead - See attached image
The GingerLead is adjustable to fit various sizes of dogs and owners.
Sliders, attached to the straps on each side of the support pad, allow the straps to be lengthened or shortened. Position the sliders at the same location on each side of the support pad to keep the strap length the same on both sides. The handle moves along one strap. The slider feeds through the handle when needed. Once adjusted, slide the handle to the top.
Shorten or lengthen the leash through the plastic buckle that attaches to the handle. A strap clip slides along the leash to hold the loose end.
You may want to check out our selection of dog leashes (sold separately).
Putting a GingerLead on your Dog - See attached image.
1. Pass the sling under your pet’s belly holding the straps on each side of your dog. The handle should always be on the left side of your pet.
2. Hold the handle with attached leash on top. The corduroy lining in the handle should be facing down. Align the free strap on the right side of your dog under the handle.
3. Wrap the handle under and around the free strap and close the ends of the handle together so that the free strap is inside the handle and the leash is on top.
4. Attach the snap hook from the leash to your dog's collar or a standard chest harness. Now you're ready to go!
IMPORTANT: Always follow any instructions from your veterinarian for your dog's specific condition
GingerLead wants the best for you and your dog. If for any reason the GingerLead is not the right product for you or your dog, return it within 10 days of delivery of your order and we will refund you the purchase price less any shipping and handling charges. In order to receive your refund, all components must be returned undamaged (we do not consider hair or if it's a little soiled as damage). All authorized returns postmarked after 10 days are subject to a $10 restocking fee. Returns received after 30 days are not eligible for a refund and will be returned at the customer’s expense or donated to a rescue or shelter.